Δευτέρα 24 Μαΐου 2010

The email

I got a message from a friend abroad: Did you get the email about Chris? I go check my emails and see one from an old colleague with Chris' name in the subject. It says she passed away on Friday - she was not feeling very well, got into comma and then passed away.

She was a lovely person, I met her 5 years ago when she came to work with us in London for sometime. She had something very positive. Sometimes I could hear her thinking. I think she did as well because she would often come to my office after the group meetings and comment on my thoughts (that I never express). She encouraged me to do things and express my opinion. She encouraged me to move to a job that would make me a happier person. When she went back home we would meet once or twice a year in business meetings in a different place in the world and would always talk when we will meet next.

Last time I saw her was about a month ago. Happy, smiling as always, we briefly talked about our lives and then went back to work. She looked happy, she had potential, she could be a star in her field. We said we would meet again next April. I will miss the happy familiar face in the meeting next year. I will be looking in the crowd for her face. I am sure she will be with us.

3 σχόλια:

LittlePrince είπε...

Ζωή σε λόγου μας Αραχνούλα. Ας είναι ένα μήνυμα για να ζούμε την κάθε μας στιγμή. Ωραίο μπλοκ!

ρίτσα είπε...

weird feeling...werd events in life

Arahni είπε...

@ Prince: Ευχαριστώ. Welcome.

@ ρίτσα: που μας δείχνουν ότι πρέπει να ζούμε την κάθε στιγμή. She did :)