Δευτέρα 8 Δεκεμβρίου 2008

Just a few

Few people make you think about your thoughts. And if they do, it might mean that they don't know anything about you or they know more than you want to believe they do. In this case I am sure it is the latter. Last week when someone ‘read’ my eyes and ‘forced’ me to discuss my thoughts I left my beautiful world of making loved oned happy and feeling happy for them and I reflected upon my thoughts and feelings. I realized that I was trying to fool myself. This was not the first time, and I know it will not be the last either. This is when I tried to be honest with a friend - one of the dearest. I think I managed to hurt my friend because I was honest, but remembered to do so a little bit too late. I was being honest after lying to both of us – because I did not know either. Now I am not sure that it was worth that look in your eyes, you being distant.

How easy is it to find a friend that wants you to be honest (with yourself), and will be with you even if you are not? How rare is it to find someone that reads through you, just from the tone of voice, the gestures, the smile? How difficult is it to be honest with them, especially if honesty might blow everything apart?

I am not being pessimistic here, just grateful that I can have these thoughts, and these people in my life. The only thing left now is to find the courage to be honest, always.