Κυριακή 21 Δεκεμβρίου 2008

The person next to me

On Friday, during my flight back home I was sitting next to someone I thought was worth meeting - there was something mysterious about him that I would like to explore. Maybe I felt that he was not grey. He had this grace and kindness, a polite look in his eyes, and he was stylish and gig-y at the same time. I was sitting next to him for 5 hours thinking that I should talk to him, and that it was stupid of me not to talk to him (as I would to anyone else). I could see all those thoughts/bubbles above my head and did not do anything to erase them and make things happen. 

I kept having all those crazy thoughts about putting an ad in a magazine saying: To the stranger with the grey blazer and jeans traveling from London to Larnaca on Friday: Do you remember me? I was sitting next to you during the flight and you gave me my headphones when I threw them on your feet. You looked at me for 1 msecond and I completely ignored you. I am the brunnete sitting next to you for 5 hours, pretending you were someone I did not want to talk to. Fancy a drink this week?

New Year's resolution: be more comfortable with people and meet new people. Otherwise I will need those ads! But if you are reading this, fancy a drink? :)

7 σχόλια:

Ανώνυμος είπε...

TI ΣΚΑΤΑ ΓΙΝΕΤΕ ΓΑΜΩΤΟ!!!!!!!!!
ΕΝ Η ΤΥΧΗ ΜΑΣ!!??

ΕΙΣΑΙ ΤΟΞΟΤΗΣ?

Ανώνυμος είπε...

οι..τωρά εννα κάθεσαι τζαι να σκέφτεσαι coulda shoulda woulda τζαι να μετανιώνεις. Να σε γλυτώσω που τις έμμονες σκέψεις: Ξέρω τον τύπο με το γκρίζο σακκάκι. Φαίνεται καλος στην αρχή αλλά μετά άμαν τον γνωρίσεις εν μαλάκας!

Arahni είπε...

liberatedboy ohi den eimai :)

re cake eheis dikio, san na to katalava oti en psilomalakas :p

drSpock είπε...

Μια από τα ίδια σε όλα. Θυμήθηκα μια φορά που πήγαινα Θεσσαλλονίκη με λεωφορείο 7-8 ώρες και δεν το έπαιρνα απόφαση να μιλήσω στον δίπλα μου γιατί όπου νάσαι εφτάναμε!Στον τάφο μου θα γράφει coulda shoulda woulda που λέει και η Cake! Αλλά για να μη σου μιλήσει εκείνος ήταν σίγουρα μαλάκας! :)

Ανώνυμος είπε...

Well there several "I saw you" websites out there. Only problem is, no one in Cyprus bothers reading them.

Sike είπε...

πράγματι, τζείνος γιατί εν εσύντηshεν;!

Unknown είπε...

dr spock simfono! diladi giati eprepe na miliso ego proti. 2 kolomenoi

passenger: thimase to periodiko flash? eihe diafora tetoia mesa. sto londino ehun stis efimerides k o kosmos apanta se afta.

sike:ehalasan oi adthropoi...i en tou ekamnen kitsi mita mou :p